18. Hadian, J. 2008. Evaluation of genetic diversity of different Satureja species from Iran. PhD Thesis in Horticulture, University of Tehran.
19. Huang, H., Ullah, F., Zhou, D.X., Yi, M. and Zhao, Y. 2019. Mechanisms of ROS regulation of plant development and stress responses. Frontiers in Plant Science, 10:800.
20. Hazrati, S., Tahmasebi-Sarvestani, Z., Modarres-Sanavy, S.A.M., Mokhtassi-Bidgoli, A. and Nicola, S. 2016. Effects of water stress and light intensity on chlorophyll fluorescence parameters and pigments of Aloe vera L. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, 106: 141-148.
21. Heath, R.L. and Packer, L. 1968. Photoperoxidation in isolated chloroplasts. I. Kinetics and stoichiometry of fatty acid peroxidation. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 125: 189-198.
22. Hosseini, H., Fatehi, F., Mousavi, Fard, S. and Qaderi, A. 2018. Gene expression analysis of thymol and carvacrol biosynthesis pathway in Thymus vulgaris under salinity stress. Iranian Genetics Society, 13 (3): 409-418.
23. Hussain, H.A., Hussain, S., Khaliq, A., Ashraf, U., Anjum, S.A., Men, S. and Wang, L. 2018. Chilling and drought stresses in crop plants: implications, cross talk, and potential management opportunities. Frontiers in Plant Science, 9: 393.
24. Hussein, A.H., Said-Al, A., Sabra, A.S., Alataway, A., Astatkie, T., Mahmoud, A.A. and Bloem, E. 2019. Biomass production and essential oil composition of Thymus vulgaris in response to water stress and harvest time. Journal of Essential Oil Research, 31(1): 63–68.
25.Khaleghi, A., Naderi, R., Brunetti, C., Maserti, B.E., Salami, S.A. and Babalar, M. 2019. Morphological, physiochemical and antioxidant responses of Maclurapomifera to drought stress. Scientific Reports, 9(1): 1-12.
26.Jaafar, H.Z.E., Ibrahim, M.H. and MohamadFakri, N.F. 2012. Impact of soil field water capacity on secondary metabolites, phenylalanineammonia-lyase (PAL), malondialdehyde (MDA) and photosynthetic responses of Malaysian Kacip Fatimah(Labisiapumila Benth). Molecules, 17(6):7305-7322.
27.Lichtenthaler, H.K. and Wellburn, A.R. 1983. Determinations of total carotenoids and chlorophylls a and b of leaf extracts in different solvents. Biochemical Society Transactions, 11: 591-602.
28. Minaei, A., Hassani, A., Nazemiyeh, H. and Besharat, S. 2019. Effect of drought stress on some morphophysiological and phytochemical characteristics of oregano (Origanum vulgare L. ssp. gracile). Iranian Journal of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, 35(2):252-265.
29. Mundim, F.M. and Pringle, E.G. 2018. Whole-plant metabolic allocation under water stress. Frontiers in Plant Science, 9: 852.
30. Momtaz, S. and Abdollahi, M. 2010. An update on pharmacology of Satureja Species: From antioxidant, antimicrobial, antidiabetes and anti-hyperlipidemic to reproductive stimulation. Journal of Traditional and Complementary Medicine, 6: 454–61.
31.McDonald, S., Prenzler, P.D., Autolovich, M. and Robard, S. 2001. Phenolic content and antioxidant activity of olive extracts. Food and Chemical Toxicology, 73: 73-84.
32.Namayandeh, A., Mokhtari, N., Kamelmanesh, M.M. and Bedaf, M.T. 2017. Genetic diversity in Satureja species determined by sequence-related amplified polymorphism markers. Journal of Genetics, 96(1): 5-11.
33.Nooshkam, A., Majnoun Hoseini, N., Hadian, J. Jahansooz, M.R. and Khavaz K. 2014. The effects of irrigated and rainfed conditions on vegetative yield and essential oil yield of two medicinal species, Satureja khuzistanica Jamzad and S. rechingeri Jamzad in North of Khuzestan. Journal of Crop Production, 7(2): 61-75.
34.Omidbaigi, R., Hassani, A. and Sefidkon, F. 2003. Essential oil content and composition of sweet basil (Ocimum basilicum) at different irrigation regimes. Journal of Essential oil Bearing Plants, 6(2): 104-108.
35.Omidbaigi, R. 2007. Production and processing of medicinal plants, 4th ed. Astan Quds Razavi Publishing, 376 P.
36.Osakabe, Y., Osakabe, K., Shinozaki, K. and Tran, L.S.P. 2014. Response of plants to water stress. Frontiers in Plant Science, 5: 86.36.
37.Pedrol, N., Ramos, P. and Riegosa, M.J. 2000. Phenotypic plasticity and acclimation to water deficits in velvet-grass: a long-term greenhouse experiment. Changes in leaf morphology, photosynthesis and stress-induced metabolites. Plant Physiology, 157: 383-393.
38.Ramakrishna, A. and Ravishankar, G.A. 2011. Influence of abiotic stress signals on secondary metabolites in plants. Plant Signaling &Behavior, 6: 1720–1731.
39.Sanchez-Rodriguez, E., Rubio-Wilhelmi, M., Cervilla, L.M., Blasco, B., Rios, J.J., Rosales, M.A., Romero, L. and Ruiz, J.M. 2010. Genotypic differences in some physiological parameters symptomatic for oxidative stress under moderate drought in tomato plants. Plant Science, 178: 30–40.
40.Sefidkon, F., Jamzad, Z. and Mirza, M. 2004. Chemical variation in the essential oil of Satureja sahandica from Iran. Food Chemistry, 88: 325–328.
41.Selmar, D. and Kleinwächter, M. 2013. Influencing the product quality by deliberately applying drought stress during the cultivation of medicinal plants. Industrial Crops and Products, 42: 558-566.
42.Sodaii zadeh, H., Shamsaie, M., Tajamoliyan, M., Mirmohammady maibody, A.M. and Hakim zadeh, M.A. 2016. The effects of water stress on some morphological and physiological characteristics of Satureja hortensis. Journal of Plant Process and Function, 5(15): 1-12.33.
43.Shariat, A., Karimzadeh, G., Assareh, M.H. and Hadian, J. 2018. A promising application of drought stress for increasing product quality of Iranian endemic Satureja sahendica Bornm. Journal of Field Crop Sciences, 49(1): 167-177.
44.Sharifi-Rad M., Varoni, E.M., Iriti, M., Martorell, M., Setzer, W.N., Del Mar Contreras, M., Salehi, B., Soltani-Nejad, A., Rajabi, S., Tajbakhsh, M. and Sharifi-Rad, J. 2018. Carvacrol and human health: a comprehensive review. Phytotherapy Research, 32(9):1675-1687.
45.Sharma, A., Shahzad, B., Kumar, V., Kohli, S.K., Sidhu, G., Bali, A.S., Handa, N., Kapoor, D., Bhardwaj, R. and Zheng, B. 2019. Phytohormones regulate accumulation of osmolytes under abiotic stress. Biomolecules, 9(7): 285. 45.
46.Szabó, K., Zubay, P. and Németh-Zámboriné, É. 2020. What shapes our knowledge of the relationship between water deficiency stress and plant volatiles?. Acta PhysiologyPlantrum, 42: 130.
47.Tattini, M., Galardi, C., Pinelli, P., Massai, R., Remorini, D. and Agati, G. 2004. Differential accumulation of flavonoids and hydroxycinnamates in leaves of Ligustrum vulgare under excess light and drought stress. New Phytologist, 163: 547–561.
48.Tajali, A., Mehrabi, H. and Larijani, K. 2013. Comparison of chemical composition of essential oil of Satureja hortensis L. in field and natural habitat in Nahavand area. Journal of Plant Environmental Physiology, 8: 57-65.
49.Tepe, B. and Cilkiz M. 2016. A pharmacological and phytochemical overview on Satureja. Pharmaceutical Biology, 54(3): 375-412.
50.Tátrai, Z.A., Sanoubar,R., Pluhár, Z., Mancarella, S., Orsini, F. and Gianquinto, G. 2016. Morphological and physiological plant responses to drought stress in Thymus citriodorus. International Journal of Agronomy, 20(16):1-8.
51.Yang, L., Wen, K. S., Ruan, X., Zhao, Y. X., Wei, F. and Wang, Q. 2018. Response of plant secondary metabolites to environmental factors. Molecules, 23(4): 762.
52.Yuan, Y., Liu, Y., Wu, C., Chen, S., Wang, Z., Yang, Z., Qin, S. and Huang, L. 2012. Water deficit affected flavonoid accumulation by regulating hormone metabolism in Scutellaria baicalensis Georgi roots. PLoSONE, 7: 1–10.